Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lil B Explains Why He Named His New Album: "I'm Gay"


Bay area Rapper Lil B announced the title of his new album during his Coachella set last weekend and it seems to have everyone up in arms. The album title "I'm Gay" definitely would be unusual coming from a artist in the hip hop community, which is widely known to be mostly homophobic. According to MTV Lil B is doing this in effort to stand up for Gay/Lesbian rights, he says:

"I got major love for the gay and lesbian community, and I just want to push less separation and that's why I'm doing it," the Based God said. "I hope GLAAD sees that I'm taking initial steps to break barriers."

But he goes on to clarify that he isn't homosexual but "Gay" as in the Webster dictionary definition "Happy", He goes on to explain:

"I'm very gay, but I love women. I'm not attracted to men in any way. I've never been attracted to a man in my life. But yes I am gay, I'm so happy," he said. "I'm a gay, heterosexual male."

Since announcing the title of his new album, Lil B says he has been met with various threats from people saying 'I'm gonna bash your head in,' 'you f----t,' 'I'm gonna kill you,' he goes on to admit that he has lost a lot of support from fans by this decision of the album title but that will not stop him, he says:

"A lot of my supporters have turned on me. It's been a few supporters that's saying, 'I'm not gonna rock with you anymore,' " "That's fine, because you know what? They didn't love me for real anyway."

Lil B does not currently have a release date for the album but says it should be completed in a month or two.

Audio from Lil B's MTV interview about Album title "I'm Gay":

No comments:

Post a Comment