Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lil B Unveils The "I'm Gay" Album Cover


Bay Area rapper Lil B is pushing forward with his "I'm Gay" album and released the artwork yesterday. Lil B spoke with MTV.com and said this about the album cover:

"Pretty much the album cover, you see it's the three sides of the slavery, mental slavery and mental freedom at the ending where everybody is happy," B said to MTV News. "The reason why I did the I'm Gay album, I really seen that the hip-hop community is being very close-minded and very hateful, very violent."

Lil B feels that his polarizing album title will help take the sting out of the word "gay" and eventually lead to global acceptance. "People use evil words, money, separation, stuff like that. I just wanted to make this to show words don't mean anything," he said.

Um. I wasn't expecting that explanation from him lol. I just think it's funny that he wants to prove a point by naming the album "I'm Gay" and show his support to the gay community, but he sure in hell made sure we knew he meant the dictionary term "happy" and not that he is homosexual. I think he should of just left the title "I'm gay" and no parenthesis of "I'm happy" because that would of shown that it really doesn't matter what you are. Like, so what if your gay or not? Why even add the parenthesis to clarify? Just my opinion lol, anyways check out the video of MTV's Sway explaining the background of the artwork on the album:

Tags: MTV Shows

No comments:

Post a Comment