Friday, April 29, 2011

Pac Div Speaks About The "Grown Ass Kid Syndrome" Album, Grand Hustle & Lil B


Billboard.com sat down with So cal Rap Group Pac Div (Pacific Division) about Their move to Grand Hustle Management, opinions on Bay area Rapper Lil B, and the "Grown Ass Kids Syndrome" Album they have been working on since 2006.

Mibbs on the move to Grand Hustle Management:


" It's been totally positive. It's just a different type of grind with this new management. [The energy] fits more of what we're trying to do. We're really trying to hustle. That's what Grand Hustle is about. [Laughs]"

"We're still Pac Div. We're still paying for our own videos. They ain't forking out money like that [either.] It is a machine and I pay attention to things. The label wants to brand you too, and we haven't seen none of that yet, but we're just going to pay attention."


Like, On their upcoming album " Grown ass Kids Syndrome":

"Some of the records [we last talked about] are still on there. If anything, we hooked up with No I.D. and made a dope ass track called "Greatness." We hooked up with Jim Jonsin, he had some records [for us]. I produced a couple of joints that we previously didn't have. I've been working hard at that. We've been bottling up the same aesthetic as our last albums but with a bit of evolution where you can still can hear us."

Mibbs & Like On the Lil B Situation and his new album title "I'm Gay:

"Mibbs: That's the only way you're going to get anywhere in the world. You can't second guess yourself. As for the situation with Lil B, I don't quite understand it all the way, but it goes back to the word "swag," cause it's just like [saying], 'I don't give a fuck, I'm just doing what I do and I don't care what no one says.' That's powerful. You got people that follow you after that. I'm not trying to say that I want to be like Lil B, but I look at that and respect that.


Like: So going into the gay album title, man, it's whatever you want to do, whatever floats your canoe. He can name it whatever he wants. I think he's talented guy. It sounds like he's trying to push himself to perfection. His work is more developed, that's because he cares. I'm hoping for the best. We rollin'."

No comments:

Post a Comment