Friday, May 13, 2011

EL Lay Times Exclusive: MTV's "Unplugged" Featuring Lil Wayne


MTV is bringing back one of my favorite shows that has featured two of my favorite artist Jay-Z and Lauryn Hill. Do any of you guys remember “Unplugged”? Of course you do! And if you’re too young to remember please find the nearest exit. Well, Last night I was invited to a taping of Unplugged Featuring Lil Wayne at Sony Studio’s in Culver City and it was pretty awesome! I got there with one of my cousins around 6pm and there were already tons of people there. Once we got inside the place it was being taped, which seem to be a big warehouse, we were notified that the place we were standing is where Wayne would be making his entrance. SWEET! While we waited for Wayne to come out I saw MTV’s VJ Sway and the TJ (twitter jockey) Gabi Gregg as well as Capricorn from Bad Boy in the VIP area.

We waited for about 20 mins then the show started. Wayne came down a couple of steps , ran thru the crowed (right by us) and hopped on stage wearing a red hat, a sweatshirt (he later took off) that says “wow” and some blue jeans and sneakers on. The 1st song was the intro “3 peat” from his last album The Carter 3. He went on to do a 90 min set that included:

“Mr.Carter”
(ft Shanel as background vocalist)
"A Milli"
"Let The Beat Build"
"Single"
"Lollipop"
"Drop The World"
"Mrs. Officer"
"Shoot me down"
"Fire man"

"Prom Queen" (yes, he pick up his guitar and “played” some strings lol)
"6’7" surprise guest Cory Gunz came out to do his verse
"Duffle Bag Boy" with surprise guest Tity Boi from Playaz Circle.

He also did his version of 2pac’s “Hail Mary” which obviously made the west coast crowd even MORE Hyped! But, before going into the song he added that this song is a response to people who constantly ask about his jail stint last year.

Lastly, Wayne then gave us a treat when he performed a song called “Nightmares Of The Bottom” from his highly anticipated album The Carter 4 which doesn’t come out until May 24th. He said while trying to decide which song to perform last night, he didn’t want to play anything too up-tempo to where "we couldn’t focus on the words" and boy was he right. I loved the song, it’s a slow song but something u can definitely ride to. There is one line in the song where he says:
“If I knew I was going to jail then I would of f*cked my lawyer”
then the crowed went crazy! That’s def a song y’all should look out for. There may be one or two songs missing from that list but over all Wayne put on great show and did I mention it was FREE too?! SCORE!

MTV2 Presents: Lil Wayne Unplugged” will air Sunday, June 12, at 9 p.m. on MTV and MTV2.


photo from rap-up.com/ twitter (They would'nt let me bring in my phone so no pics from me )

No comments:

Post a Comment