Monday, May 2, 2011

LAPD Suspected DJ Quik In The Murder Of Biggie Smalls.



As you may know, earlier last month the FBI released documents about the Murder of Notorious B.I.G as part of Freedom of Information Act. With new information floating on the internet about how the L.A.P.D handled their investigation into the murder, West Coast Rap Legend DJ Quik sat down with HipHopDx.com and reveled how he was actually investigated and questioned about the murder because he allegedly had the same type of car the suspects used the night Biggie was shot and killed. For the First time ever, Quik tells HipHopDx what happened, he says:



“Just because I was there at that [VIBE] party [with Biggie before the shooting], they tapped my phones, found out my accountant’s number and went and posted up and waited for me at my accountant’s office to pick me up for questioning,” recalled Quik. “And it was only because I owned a ’95 [Chevy] Impala [SS] that was black cherry colored like the one that was used supposedly in the shooting – which was probably black, mine was burgundy, but at night they look identical in color.”

Quik goes on to tell how he avoided any more speculation of his involvement with the murder:

“When they came to my accountant’s [office] to come get me, I ended up calling my lawyer and I told him what was going on,” continued Quik regarding his ordeal as murder suspect. “So he called the Parker Center and arranged for me to go up there and talk to ‘em, instead of them gafflin’ me up and making a scene. So I went down there and told ‘em everything I knew, everything I saw, the whole shit. And after I did that the burden was off. ‘Cause it was rumors in the street that I did that shit. How am I gonna kill Biggie Smalls when I like him? Who does that?!”

Quik also says that he believes the LAPD targeted him because allegedly he and B.I.G had an argument the night he died at the VIBE party as well as his connection with Suge Knight and the Piru Blood Gang. Quik scoffed in the interview "they know who killed that man".


Hmmm, Although I never knew DJ Quik was ever a suspect and wouldn't of ever brought him into the equation, it doesn't entirely surprise me though. I guess the LAPD was just decided to interview every west coast rapper in hopes of getting some info. I wonder if they ever considered MC Hammer too? O_o

No comments:

Post a Comment